- 1 slice of Ezekiel toast with butter or almond or cashew butter –or spread avocado on it!
- 1 slice of Ezekial toast with 2 eggs
- 1 cup oatmeal with butter and sliced nuts
- 1 cup of puffed rice cereal with low fat milk, rice or almond milk and sliced nuts
- 1 Green smoothie (get recipe from Dr. Kratzert)
AM (≈ 10am) Snack:
- 1 piece of fruit - and try it with almond butter
- 10 almonds
- Yogurt; Fage or Chobani are excellent Greek yogurts – AVOID sweetened yogurts
- Large mixed greens salad w/ veggies & chicken, fish (albacore tuna), or turkey w/ olive oil & vinegar or balsamic vinegar
- Steamed vegetables and chicken, fish, venison, or turkey
- Soup (not in cans) with chicken, turkey, vegetables and brown rice (1/2 cup serving of rice)
PM (≈ 2-3pm) snack:
- 1/4 cup of trail mix with nuts, raisins, and seeds
- 10 Almonds
- 1 piece of fruit with almond butter
- 1 brown rice cake with butter or almond butter
- 8 brown rice snap crackers or nut thins with butter, almond butter, or hummus
Dinner (no choices here –you can eat all items listed. *exclude starch for faster weight loss)
- 1 palm size serving of beef, chicken, turkey, fish, or venison
- ½ cup of brown rice, brown rice pasta, sweet potato (minus the marshmallow ), millet, quinoa, or barley
- Steamed vegetables
- Small mixed greens salad with olive oil and vinegar or balsamic vinegar
Tips to keep you on track!
- Combine complex carbs, proteins, and fats at each meal
- Eat every 2-3 hours
- Proteins, such as nuts, hummus or lean meat, is the BEST option
- NO meals after 7
- Drink ½ of your body weight in ounces of water (herbal teas count as water servings)
Remember this is NOT a diet this is a lifestyle change. Keep healthy eating fun and delicious!
Monitor your serving sizes! And here are EVEN MORE recommendations!!
Meat or Fish:
- Palm size servings twice a day.
- Chicken, turkey, beef, venison or fish are your best options – go for lean meats
- Organic or free range whenever possible
Grains and starches
- ½ cup cooked
- Brown, wild, basmati, or jasmine rice; brown rice pasta, millet, quinoa, amaranth, buckwheat, sweet potato, yams, or squash
- For faster weight loss remove this category from your meal plan
- 6-8 servings - Raw or lightly cooked (skip the butter) - Organic when possible
- Unlimited amounts and types –focus on the exuberantly colored!
- Limit beets, peas, and carrots to ½ cup
Nuts and Seeds
- ½-1 cup of raw or roasted
- Best options: almonds, walnuts, macadamias, hazelnuts, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds, flax seeds, and pumpkin seeds. AVOID peanuts –can have mold!
Ezekiel or Rice bread
- 1 piece any flavor and type
- Ezekiel wraps are a nice twist
- Nut butters: Almond, macadamia, hazelnut, and sesame tahinni. AVOID peanut butter!
- Always use real butter. AVOID margarine and butter substitutes d/t dangerous chemicals
- Choose hard natural cheeses such as: Swiss, cheddar, mozzarella or parmesan
- Choose soft cheeses such as: cottage cheese or ricotta
- Use low fat options
- Use “Real Salt”, “Dirty Salt”, or Sea Salt.
- AVOID foods with salt (i.e. deli meats and processed foods –canned soup and microwaveable dinners-)
Seasonings: Use fresh and dried herbs
- Coconut oil, cocoa butter, butter, avocado oil, sesame oil, olive oil, and almond oil
- AVOID canola and vegetable oils.
Salad dressings: Olive oil, lemon, Canale’s house Italian, grape seed oil, vinegar and balsamic vinegar
Salad Greens: Spinach, romaine, spring mix, baby greens (the darker green the better)
- 1-2 pieces per day of low glycemic index fruits are better (i.e. apples, oranges, berries (1cup) and grapefruit)
- Use organic when possible
- Avocados are a tasty choice!
- When needed use: stevia, raw sugar, raw honey, or organic maple sugar
- AVOID: white sugar, splenda, aspartame, and artificial sweeteners
- Limit to 1-2 per day - use organic coffee to avoid chemicals
Herbal teas: Drink all you want
- Use organic, wild and unprocessed foods
- Avoid Soda and sugary drinks like fruit juice
- Avoid excessive amounts of mayonnaise, mustard, ketchup, and other condiments
- Avoid hydrogenated and all processed oils
Adapted from Riverview Wellness Center –“Sample Menu” © 2007
739 Irving Avenue - Suite 530 Syracuse, NY 13210
Tel: 315-478-1158 - Fax: 315-478-3014
site developed by laurieferger.com